Friday, October 4, 2013

Health Insurance Alternatives under "ObamaCare"

Hi everyone,

It has been awhile since I felt moved to write on this BLOG.

I have been receiving e-mails asking if I know anything about alternative choices to health insurance.  Obama care is rapidly approaching its first deadline, and millions of people who could see where the health care has come to in this country, no longer have insurance.  Now we are going to be required to purchase it, whether we use it or not.

All of the research I have done on this subject suggests that answers to the issue are as clear as a glass of mud.  The only thing I have managed to find out is that we will only pay a $95.00 penalty if we fail to comply with this over the first year.  For the second year the penalty will go up to $700 per person (which is still likely to be less than you will pay for insurance premiums).  With this in mind, it seems that the best choice for us financially will be to simply pay the penalty for the first couple of years.

I am still not satisfied, however.  I feel that this decision to bail out our sick economy through funding the insurance industry, is a devastating choice for America as a whole.  If you want to see an example of a HEALTHY way to deal with health insurance, check out this article in the Wall Street Journal by John Mackey:  the owner of Whole Foods Stores.  It is a powerful article that shines a bright light into a dark cavern.  (Thanks Char, for sending me this link).



Being the student I am in the practice of Manifestation, I would like to propose an action for all of us to take.  Some time in the next couple of days (ours will be on Sunday at 3:33 pm), please take a moment to join together with the millions of other Americans in the same boat--having let go of health insurance and taken their own responsibility and power back for their health--and go into meditation, prayer, or your intention setting space.  Hold a vision of MIRACULOUS CHANGE to the alternatives of ObamaCare, that will honor those of us who are willing to accept all responsibility for our health.

Offer your prayers of Gratitude to those Helpers in the Spirit World who can assist in the co-creation of this miracle.  Imagine you and all of the people like you, receiving this beautiful solution, with radiant light around us all.

Michael and I will finish off with a drumming into Mother Earth's grid, for beauty and harmony and healing, and for all life.

LOL,  Kathryn

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Just to update the information you sent. There are three new things that I learned today about Obamacare.

1. The penalty is $95.00 per person or 1% of adjusted gross income. You can find out what your penalty will be at this website. http://www.healthinsurance.org/learn/obamacare-penalty-calculator/

2. Self employed individuals are able to submit a waiver for this year and in future years on a case by case basis. I am getting more information about this still. I'll get back to you.

3. Here is another Wall Street Article for people who are required to carry life insurance, you can use this alternative. If you have a business, it is not uncommon for lenders or bonding to require you to carry life insurance. I found this for some friends and it will save them thousands per year because they can combine life insurance and health insurance in a usable form for those who don't practice western medicine…..

(See the article in Wall Street Journal, posted on 6/27/2013, by Merrill Matthews: A Surprising Health Insurance Option for Those Who Refuse ObamaCare)

I'll keep you posted on the waivers as I find them.

Kathryn said...

From a colleague:
Just to update the information you sent. There are three new things that I learned today about Obamacare.

1. The penalty is $95.00 per person or 1% of adjusted gross income. You can find out what your penalty will be at this website. http://www.healthinsurance.org/learn/obamacare-penalty-calculator/

2. Self employed individuals are able to submit a waiver for this year and in future years on a case by case basis. I am getting more information about this still. I'll get back to you.

3. Here is another Wall Street Article for people who are required to carry life insurance, you can use this alternative. If you have a business, it is not uncommon for lenders or bonding to require you to carry life insurance. I found this for some friends and it will save them thousands per year because they can combine life insurance and health insurance in a usable form for those who don't practice western medicine…..

(See the article in Wall Street Journal, posted on 6/27/2013, by Merrill Matthews: A Surprising Health Insurance Option for Those Who Refuse ObamaCare)

I'll keep you posted on the waivers as I find them.