Hi everyone,
Yesterday we had a very good online workshop that left me feeling inspired for all you are all doing and the commitment you each have made to yourselves. Very early in the morning I was awakened with a realization that there were perhaps a few people who needed a reminder after all we discussed yesterday, in regards to the discernment of who is a good candidate for these tonics and who is not.
Unfortunately we are not ALL candidates for taking Chinese Tonic herbs. This leaves a lot of people who may be on chemotherapy; taking drugs like coumadin, lupron, zoladex, avastin, tamoxifen, etc; pregnant; allergic to herbs; or for other reasons, can not take tonic herbs.
This does not mean that you have no tools to help these people! As a healer, you can effectively help any human being on the planet when you know how to work with plant medicines. These people are the best candidate for using vibrational remedies, flower essences, and homeopathically prepared essential oil remedies.
Most of you have a copy of my book, Aromatherapy Guide for Ascension, in which you will find the directions for making a homeopathic remedy. These remedies can help people in any condition improve their well-being, comfort level, and quality of life.
I am going to share a story about one individual with whom Michael and I had the gift of sharing plant medicines. He had been on Lupron, a drug that suppresses or slows the growth of prostate cancer. It is basically a drug to make life more comfortable, as most people that take it do not live beyond a few years.
When we first began to share with Weston (not his real name), we helped him change his diet so he was nourishing his body in a whole new way. He wanted to dive in and change everything, and being the healer I am, I am always so excited to push the limits, that I agreed to let him try an herbal tonic and see how he does on it. The tonic I gave him was the sort that I have given others who came to me to heal cancer without drugs; a combination of cleansing and rebuilding herbs, with several of the master herbs for cancer treatment. (I had no previous experience with lupron, so even though I knew what it did in the body, I did not know how it would work with the herbs.)
Next time I saw Weston, he told me that he could not take the herbal tonic. His body was so strong that it went immediately into a cleanse after just a few doses. He began to vomit, which is exactly what happens when the liver and gall bladder begin to dump toxicity faster than the eliminative organs can expel it. He went into detox, but was so uncomfortable that he could not complete the process. I do not blame him at all, as who wants to go through that? (Funny that we all expect that sort of withdrawal experience from heroine addiction or extreme alcoholism, but we never consider that the liver does the same thing when we go through pharmaceutical drug cleansing!).
Weston went on with life, eating a whole new diet, and believing that plant medicines could no longer work for him. Then one day I suggested flower essences to support his healing process, and he heard me. He took flower essences every day for many months, gradually resolving the fears and energy blockages that had been keeping him emotionally uncomfortable.
Weston has gone on with life, using the form of plant medicines that work for him. He has now been on lupron for over 8 years, has also had radiation, and is still living a joyful and productive life--being a Grandpa, husband, and father, gardening every summer, and just enjoying his life. My point is this: We are all here to play a different role--not everyone is here to heal the physical body in this lifetime. It is a choice that we make, and continue to commit to over and over again throughout life. And every role can include its own form of healing--every choice is valid. There are plant medicine tools to support every level of consciousness and every possible choice--to bring comfort, well-being, balance, and inner peace. This is the conscious purpose behind the gifts of the plant medicines.
I also wanted to offer a really great little insight that came today about He shou wu. Yesterday in the workshop, we talked about He shou wu and its regenerative properties for kidneys and adrenals. So many of us identified how wonderful this herb would be for us on a regular basis, and i kept thinking about how the Chinese masters talked about the tonic herbs being a food instead of a medicine.
This morning, I walked into my "new" kitchen area with the beautiful shelves filled with glass jars of herbs and spices, and I realized that I can tune in to a different channel more easily when I look at these herbs in my space. I tuned in and out came 3 really delicious ways to integrate He shou wu as a food into our diet. It involves making a powder out of the herb, blending it with other ingredients, and putting it in a shaker bottle to sprinkle on our food.
Michael and I sampled two of these with breakfast this morning, and I must say they are delicious! Here are the recipes for everyone to try--remember to use only dried He shou wu that has been properly prepared by cooking with black beans.
He Shou Wu Shake
Blend on high in the blender or vita-mix:
1/4 cup he shou wu
2 t. alaea salt or other natural salt
1/4 cup dried wakami seaweed
3 T. black sesame seeds
Cumin He Shou Wu
Blend on high in the blender or vita-mix:
1/4 cup he shou wu
2 t. alaea salt or other natural salt
1/4 cup cumin seeds
Balti He Shou Wu
Blend on high in the blender or vita-mix:
1/4 cup he shou wu
2 t. alaea salt or other natural salt
4 to 5 t. Penzey's Balti curry blend
Use these to sprinkle over foods in place of salt or other spices. You will love the way they taste--and the nourshiment they bring!
Many blessings to all! Kathryn
1 comment:
Thank you for the reminder Kathryn. I think we all sometimes forget that not everybody has the ability to shift the way "we" want too. I appreciate the reminder to honor each individuals process - and path.
I also wanted to share that I just made yet another tonic specifically for my trip in Tucson. It is amazing how our Guides just know exactly what we need. This one tended to have herbs & essential oils to support the immune system due to colds and flu's as well as to replenish energy. I thought I was going to begin it in Tucson, then received the hit that I was to start today (I leave Sunday) to build up my immunities. I'm so excited....and it taste's yummy!!
I'm so eternally great-full for this information!
Asheera (Vicki)
Post a Comment