Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Connection via Information and Love

Hi Folks,
Looking forward to our class on the first Saturday in November. Kathryn can you clarify if the following is correct? Daylight Saving Time happens on Sunday, Nov. 6th at 2am. So our class should be at 9:30 AM Alaska Time/10:30 am AZ time on Saturday, Nov. 5th(not 4th).
I am still in process of finding time and focus to make the tonic. Have had interesting opportunities with my family's health recently - to say the least. All are currently well and/or recovering. Learning a lot these days about empowerment vs. enabling and speaking up for myself gracefully.
Sharing questions as a way to be in the conversation. I feel a desire to connect and not a lot extra energy/time to do it with.

Questions/Topics re: Tonic prep
1.Poria prep prior to use.
This has been complicating my tonic because -according to the notes it takes 4 hours of soaking and 2 hours of simmering. By the time that is scheduled and done I have lost the focus and time to actually make the tonic. I am finding that making a tonic is multi-layered process timewise. Perhaps after I do it a few times it will be smoother.
2. Clean bottles
Same planning process with boiling the bottles. They are on my counter upside down having been boiled. Is that clean enough? Also if I boil a bottle that still ends up with a couple pieces of old tonic stuck on the inside can I consider them clean enough for my family use? It is hard to get the old stuff out of the bottles. Bottle brushes anyone likes?
3.Ordering bottles, etc. Would love a list of supplies to order from
4.Making Higher quantity
If I want to make in quantity for use as a "juice" - how do I plan for the volume I want? Ex. several juice bottles worth- Would I dilute after preparing or use a lot of water to steam with. I remember Kathryn saying "don't change the volume of herbs much" in this case. Would like more clarity about this.

In Grace,
Kylara

No comments: