Friday, October 14, 2011

Hydrosols and a great documentary

My neighbor has a crab apple tree, and gave me permission to pick as many as I wanted yesterday. I'm not too familiar with crab apples, but they were so beautiful and I felt like they would enjoy being used for something. I picked as many as I could reach, and came home and made a beautiful distillation (thanks again Liz!) of crab apple juice. I added 1 qt. of water to the middle section, and the entire process yielded 4 "wine bottles" full! The hydrosol dowses very high, and if anyone has any info. on the nutritional benefits of crab apple, I'd love to hear about them - there is not much on the Internet. Nonetheless, I sense it is loaded with at least Vit. C, and think that a dropperful (or more) a day would be a great addition to my juices. Today, I am going to do the same thing with rose hips, as my own tree is fully loaded this year! I love using this distiller, the process is so easy and fun.

I watched "Forks Over Knives" last night, a documentary featuring the work and studies of T. Collin Campbell (author of The China Study), among other great researchers and doctors.  It was really impressive, and beautifully summarizes the benefits (backed by irrefutable research) of whole-foods, plant based diets.

I'm so grateful I have a group to share my passions and interests with, thank you!

3 comments:

Maggie Johnson said...

I've read The China Study and watched "Forks Over Knives" and highly recommend this film. It's wonderful to see Colin Campbell in action and to get the background story on how his research developed. Thanks for the reminder Rebecca.
Maggie

Kylara Sharrock said...

Oh goody- a comment box. Thank you to Michelle for persevering to help me gain access. I am checking it out. Delighted to hear the creativity.

Michelle Lynx said...

Thank you for the movie info, I hadn't heard of it . Kylara, I am so happy to see you on the blog. Let me know if you can post as well?

Love to ALL..