Hello All,
I am wondering if the process is basically the same as the tonic only with the plant instead of fruit and such. Meaning water in the bottom and receiver? I am also going to harvest some OSHA root with my friend (she uses the root to make medicine) and wondering if I can use the plant to make a hydrosol without the root or include both?
Thank you,
Michelle
3 comments:
Michelle, in making the hydrosol I filled the bottom pan with water and put no water in the receiver pan. It did not produce a lot of hydrosol, only about 1/2 to 3/4 of a wine bottle. I was not sure what I was doing. I guess I would dowse your questions unless somebody can please tell us. Thanks!
The options are almost limitless. I check in with dowsing, as they are always changing!
The plain hydrosols I have made with this system include Pinon Pine; with this hydrosol, I added about 3/4 qt. of water as a receiver, then distilled for a couple of hours. I like using the receiver, I feel the energy of the final product is different--softer. You could certainly make them without any water added--your resulting hydrosol will be a little stronger.
Thank you Kathryn, this is so helpful.
Post a Comment