Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Gratitude to Liz

Thank you so much to Liz, who loaned me her distiller for a couple of days (and to Kylara for offering). I was able to make my first tonic on my own yesterday, and the process was amazingly easy and fast. I came up with 1  3/4 qt. of tonic, and my dowsing was really specific. It was an amazing process and, like Vicki and Michelle, I set mine out last night under the full moon. It froze, so I am just waiting for it to thaw out so that I can take my first dose! During the entire process, I felt very connected to the Chinese Masters and the Plant Spirits...I felt almost like I was in a little "bubble" - it was very nice.

One interesting thing is that I was guided to use 2 carrots in mine, as well as other fruit and berries. I also wanted to share that Lindsey made a strictly vegetable tonic a few weeks ago, and it was delicious! It tasted similar to the tomato/pepper juice Maggie made several times at White Sage.

How long is everyone steaming/boiling their tonics for? I did mine for 30-40 minutes, but wondered if I could have gone longer?

Great idea Vicki about keeping a log for your tonics...I am going to do the same thing, complete with notes on any observations I make regarding the tonics. It will be interesting to go over it a year from now and see how things have changed.

With Love, Rebecca

3 comments:

Michelle Lynx said...

Sounds Wonderful Rebecca. I too am keeping a precise log as well as journaling about my body daily. I found everything that went into the tonic to be right on for what I am feeling and needing. I started my tonic at 40 minutes but it actually went for 50. I too was in a bubble. Thank you so much for sharing. And to all of you as well, it sure helps me to hear how it is for everyone else.

Love, Michelle

Maggie Johnson said...

Hi everyone. Received my herbs two days ago and made my first-by-myself tonic yesterday. The tonic took just under 50 minutes to complete and I ended up with 1 1/2 quarts. I also put it outside, under what was left of this beautiful full moon. I'm feeling truly supported by the plant spirits and open to the healing being so generously given. I'd like to try a vegetable tonic at some point - sounds so good!
Love, Maggie

Vicki said...

My tonic was in creation for 40 minutes (it's what dowsed for it). And the bubble was awesome! I felt like a kid making candy for the first time. I find myself getting excited just thinking about making the next batch.

I love this blog!

Big Hugz,
Vicki