Sunday, October 2, 2011
Labels
Liz - many thanks. The labels are beautiful, and thank you Michelle for being the point person for this blog. I think I've found a little house in Eugene that will be available Oct 15th. I'm heading down there tomorrow to finalize the process. Everything has moved along in divine timing, releasing the old and starting to bring in the new in so many areas of my life. I've purchased the juicer and the herbs will be coming soon. I had an opportunity to speak with Daniel from Mehu Liisa while in Eugene and relayed what I remembered of the process with the juicer. He cautioned about not using enough water in the bottom level saying that it was really easy to let it boil empty and says the bottom will definitely melt if it gets hot enough and dry. Told him I would pass that on, but I'm not sure I had the right info for him, not having my notes with me. Can't wait to make my tonic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wonderful News!!!
Would love to hear more about your journey when you are settled.
Love, Love, Love you,
Michelle
Great to hear about the house in Eugene! What great timing too.
About keeping water in the bottom pan--it is extremely important not to even let the possibility of water boiling off dry happen.
To help me accomplish this, I ALWAYS use a kitchen timer when I distill. I try to remain in the kitchen whenever I am distilling, and if I have some emergency and have to leave the kitchen, I carry the kitchen timer with me so that I am completely aware that I must check my water when the buzzer goes off.
I have found that I can get about 2 thirty minute boils before adding water, at the higher temperatures.
Post a Comment